Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy new year!!

Hi everyone. I stayed up until midnight last night, something I have never done. (I wanted to see 2009 leave.)

When I got up this morning, I was thinking about New Year's. Some Americans only think about the secular part of the new year... "What can I change about myself?" But there is so much more! I was pondering life this morning; how things in our life happen for a reason. Sometimes we see it, but most times we're left to wonder about the meaning.

Case in point... my unemployment. I realized why God brought this. I am learning to depend on Him, more than my family and friends. When I arise from sleep, I read the Bible for one hour. This helps immensely! The rest of my day is peaceful. I also discovered I have a new talent. When I'm done applying to jobs, I spend 2 hours beading. Right now, my main focus is creating necklaces.

Remember, there are positivive things in the midst of struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment