Thursday, January 14, 2010

A very powerful woman

Hi all. I just got done reading the book of Esther in the Old Testament. I was pleasantly surprised that a woman could do so much! Women did not have any rights in the "old days" and even less influence. Because Esther was queen, her husband- the king- took her seriously. The king found out that Haman, part of his royal guard, planned to kill every Jewish person. Esther did not want that to happen so she devised a scheme that worked. Haman died and the Jews were safe. All women should look to Esther for confidence, to do the right thing.

Esther has given me confidence. I thought about writing to Scott Walker, Milwaukee's County Executive. He is doing a good job, except for the bus system. He just eliminated 2 bus routes and I have thought about writing him a letter of complaint. Esther gave me the confidence to write it. I will pray that God speaks to Mr. Walker and changes his views.

No comments:

Post a Comment