Friday, October 23, 2009

Grumpiness is not an option!

This blog is based on the great movie "Where the Wild Things Are".

The main character in the movie, Max, meets these strange creatures. Critics who saw the movie argued over what the creatures symbolized.

I saw the strong connection between the creatures and many Americans today.
The creatures never smile and their voices are filled with sadness. We all have struggles in our life; death, war, and the economy to name a few. How we deal with those issues determines our satisfaction out of life.

"How do I get satisfaction out of life if all of these bad things are happening?" It's simple: gratitude. Be grateful for what you have, not for what you don't. Are you healthy? If so, be grateful. Are you employed? Be grateful you have a job in this troubling economy. If you are unemployed, are you actively seeking work? Be grateful there are jobs out there you can apply to. Another key is to be grateful for the little things in life. Is it raining where you are? Be grateful that the flowers will be able to bloom. Is it snowing?
Be grateful that you will get exercise by shoveling!

You may not be able to fix your situation immediately, but I can guarantee you will feel better.

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful for Jesus Christ in my life. Without him, no matter what I go through--it wouldn't be manageable; but with Him, all things are possible. Keeping my eyes on Him allows me to enjoy the snow that is falling now; allows me to see the life He desires for me, even though it can be cloudy at times. Negative feelings aren't bad--just don't let them fester. You make good points Christine! May God bless you this day and all the rest to follow!

    ReplyDelete