Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The power of praying

How many of you have ever doubted the power of prayer?
I, myself, was one of them. I remember praying VERY hard for a boyfriend. I didn't ask for anything else, just a boyfriend. No boyfriend appeared and I was about to give up hope until June 23 of this year. God did bring me a boyfriend, but it was NOT what I expected! We dated for about 3 months; Memorial Day thru Labor Day. (I nick-named him "my summer dud".)

That lesson taught me to be more specific when I pray. I continue to pray for a job. I have been praying: "God, give me a job that is in your path for my life".
It beneficial for both... I'm giving God control over my life and, at the same time, I'm letting God know that I need a job.

Thanks to all of my family and friends who have been praying for me, I have secured two interviews for the week of November 2. God is good!

1 comment:

  1. Umm--praying for a boyfriend. Yea, I can see how that backfired. But you're not alone. My prayer for a girlfriend wasn't that specific--I prayed for someone that I could share a life with in accordance to His plan. I made a few specific requests too--and yet, I'm still a bachelor--but not without some success. While a boyfriend would be great (if that's His will), I think if you focus on God and follow what He has in mind for you, He'll provide the right guy, just at the right time. I'm a hypocrit for saying this, but it's hard to see that simple truth when we are in the midst of life. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete