Monday, October 19, 2009

Waiting is hard to do!!

Waiting is VERY hard for most of us, myself included. Many people want things not later, now. Waiting is very important in life. It helps build character and we begin to appreciate things more. Sometimes we take things for granted, when it's been with us for awhile. Waiting makes us feel uncomfortable. Why? Because it makes us realize we are not in control. What happens after we wait, we have no control over. How many of us dislike not being in control!!

Here's an example of what I mean, from my life. I have been unemployed now for 3 months. I am appreciating the things I could not do when I worked, such as creative writing. I'm also discovering new things about myself I did not know before. I am now making jewelry; necklaces, bracelets, earrings, bookmarks. Being unemployed has also made me realize it's not in my control; I was not the one who caused my unemployment. From this unemployment, I'm growing closer to God.

I take one hour every morning to read the Bible. By starting my day this way, I feel more at peace throughout the day.

Whenever you feel uncomfortable about waiting, turn to God and you will feel better; that's a guarantee!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you realize this at your age. Being 32--I'm now struggling with the whole "Wait" mentality. But you are right--it does give some time to sort things out, figure your priorities--and in your case, bring you closer to God. In a fast paced society--waiting is not cool. Refute society and embrace the times you have out of the current. My caution is not to "over-wait", or to "wait" on something that really needs action. It's a balance, much like a lot of things humans partake in. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete