Saturday, November 28, 2009

Actions speak louder than words

I'm sure someone has told you that at least once in your life. But have you ever wondered about the meaning behind it?

I have been told that twice in my life. My ex-boyfriend told it to me, towards the end of our relationship. And, just recently, my platonic male friend told it to me. I began to wonder what the line truly means.

It's GREAT to read the Bible and memorize some key verses. When you read the Bible, do so slowly in order to grasp the meaning. When you understand the meaning, write it down in a notebook. The simple act of writing helps us remember what we learned.

After writing it down, we must then live it. I can attest to the fact that it is not easy. Last Thursday, one of my friends invited me to her birthday dinner. (My platonic male friend was also there.) My platonic male friend brought his 2 year old daughter along and she started crying, so he took her to another room. I looked at his empty chair and started thinking. I debated, for several minutes, wheher or not I should talk with him. I finally made up my mind and did not. (I thought he wanted time alone with his daughter.) He e-mailed me 2 days later and was upset; he thought I ignored him. I explained my thoughts and he wrote back saying: actions speak louder than words.

Yes, actions DO speak louder than words. We must live what we learn from the Bible. If we do not, we are the same as non-Christians. I'm not saying living our faith is easy, because it's not! We should pray "God, you know how I struggle with life. Give me the courage to live my faith this day and all rest of my days. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment