Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The power of forgiveness

I have been thinking about the power of forgiveness lately. In September, I went to the yearly retreat thru my church. During the retreat, I went to the healing service. (The service heals you from physical or emotional problems.) As the priest made his way thru the people, I prayed to forgive my ex-boyfriend and the strengthening of my friendship with Sara. (She is friends with my ex-boyfriend.) There are no adjectives for what happened next. All of a sudden, I felt heat run thru my entire body!

I had another powerful experience the next day, Sunday. When I woke up, I could not remember what my ex-boyfriend looked like! I tried hard to remember his facial features, but simply could not. God helped me completely forgive John!

I needed time to heal from my ex, so I did not contact my friend for 2 months. I called for this first time on November 9 and explained why I haven't contacted her.
She completely understood and our friendship has never been stronger.

God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment